SEO Guidelines for Beginners to Improve search Ranking
Improve your Ranking by SEO Tip and Techniques
There are various myths in the SEO world which people boost around to improve the SERP ranking. Do not follow the dubious advises and do not indulge in the black hat practices. Google is much smarter than me and you. Do not try to be-fool Google with any cynical practices. I will not talk much about technical things of SEO rather just some common sense considerations.
SEO Points to be consider when writing a post
1. Publish the content regularly and consistently:
There is no alternative to content, it may text, video or audio publish regularly but relevant to your topic or industry. Keep your website updated and fresh with interesting and valuable content. If your front page is static page then make it a point to introduce your fresh content in some form. If you have a blog, better have it one, and then provide links on the front page to the blog or recent content.
All those using WordPress like me have no worry just use the widget for recent post in your sidebar and there it is.
2. Use of keywords:
Another big myth use the keywords, mind you keywords have lot of competition. Just see it by entering the query on Google and you will find results in millions. Just use 5-6 keyword, one seed keyword and 5 more, that’s all, however you can use number of synonyms. Don’t stuff the article with keywords, it won’t help. Use narrow and specific keywords. Use the relevant search terms and phrases readers are searching for.
3. Make use of slugs:
Slugs appear at the end of URL and helps the reader to understand the topic right from the outset. It is good for search engines as well; they take it more users friendly.
4. Make the tag line descriptive:
Tag line are used for better understanding of readers about the topic. Remember anything which facilitates the user, search engine will grade it better for ranking.
- Tags should be relevant to your topic of article.
- Relevant tags make it easy for the reader to reach to your article.
- After some time related tags will form a strong group and increase the authority of your blog.
- Avoid attaching excessive tags with one article; tag should be explicit to your article.
5. Publicize the Content:
Do not place yourself on the island, socialize and socialize. Share your thoughts with other bloggers in the comments section. Write the comments logical, interesting and relevant to your topic.
- Appreciate fellow bloggers and like them, give them stars, whenever their post moves you. Give comment, this way you will be able to engage in conversation, and you will be able to attract others to your blog.
- Follow other bloggers.
- Participate in discussion but it must be focused and positive. NO offensive or flouting in other’s rights.
- Invite the guest bloggers and write for others as a guest blogger.
- Follow the blogging etiquette.
- Publicize your posts on Facebook, Google+, Tumbler, LinkedIn and twitter. As I am using wordpress.com, all these are inbuilt in the CMS in the sharing, with simple procedure. For WordPress audience just go to My Site —— Sharing tab and click connect next to the network you want your article to be displayed. Friends on other CMS can do it what guide lines of your system are.
- Keep analyzing the traffic, note down their visit behavior and patterns. You can use Google console and Google analytics. Although I have the inbuilt facility on WordPress integrated with Google analytics but even then I carry out the research visiting Google console as well Google analytics. Some of the things look at are:-
- Which category of post, visitors are more interested.
- Which part of the world (Countries) your article is viewed more.
- Number of coverts.
- Do not forget to submit sitemap, invite the search engine to your website by submitting the sitemap. Some of the CMS like wordpress.com provide the inbuilt facility. So no worry to friends on wordpress.com.
To conclude, you must be thinking that what SEO is in this article. Yes, anything writing logically, interesting, engaging and in line with Google webmaster guidelines is all SEO.
Remember that no SEO can succeed, until unless, make himself sit down and write, but write relevant. There is no shortcut for better ranking in SERP and building the website as authority site, except writing. Your relevant content on the topic and published regularly and consistently will make you standout of the crowd.