SEO On-page Optimization |Content Writing.Blog
SEO on-page optimization
The job of SEO is not easy yet interesting, challenging, perpetually changing and rewarding. As a SEO, on-page optimization, off-page SEO and Technical SEO are the core for the visibility of website. Knowing the search engine rules is another important factor for SEO, to remain on the right side of the search engine. To start with:
1. Examining the website of your client.
2. Carryout the website audit.
3. Create an effective SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy to include:-
- Selecting the relevant keywords.
- Searching the keywords for search volume and competition and working out the KEI (Keyword Efficiency Index) with the help of formula.
- Search on consumer psychology and their search behavior.
- On-page SEO analysis to identify opportunities to improve search engine ranking.
- Off-page SEO analysis and find solutions.
- Conduct technical SEO analysis and provide solutions to the problem if any.
- Identify the opportunities to effectively compete with your competitors with:-
– Relevance of your content.
- Intent of your content.
Competitiveness of your keywords used.
- Anyway, proper competitive analysis will make your client and stakeholders to understand and decide, the resources they need, as well as the result they may be able to expect.
When carrying out the SEO on-page Optimization, look to put the following elements in order:-
- Title tag
- Meta description.
- Heading Tags.
- Content of your website.
- Canonical of duplicate content.
- URL structure.
- Crawl error resolution.
- Check presence of your robot txt file and it is updated.
- Multi-Device friendly.
- Page speed.
What to check for title tag for SEO?
It is one of the important factors for Rank building.
- Is the title tag different than the initial title tag?
- Does the title tag contain a phrase or keyword?
- Have less than 60 characters in length?
- Does the title tag include a brand name?
- Check for the brand name to be separated from the keyword using a pipe symbol?
- If more than one keyword is used, are these keywords separated by hyphens?
What to check for Meta Description?
Although it does not contribute to SEO on-page Optimization but it does generates visits to your website.
- Are keywords used appropriately, people are likely to search?
- Have less than 160 characters.
- Is end not cutoff as It looks better if the end is not cut off?
- Does it has, the call-to-action as it will increase the click through rate?
– learn more.
– Read our article to discover.
– Find out or “down load here”.
– Watch our demo or video.
What to look for URL Optimization for SEO?
- It is the address of website or a particular document to describe a page, to visitors and search engines. It is better, if it is descriptive and contain keywords or sub-Directories.
- URL should be relevant and contain important keywords while remaining brief.
- Although keywords in URL don’t play a major role in SEO but do have some effect on SEO.
- It is used for off-page SEO.
- URL should be set in the design stage but can be changed later. But by changing you will lose the history and authority for the existing URL.
- If at all changing the URL than Use 301 permanent redirect to change URL.
- Changing the URL for SEO purposes is not a best option.
- Always optimize the URL from the start.
- Incorporate keywords in URL only where possible.
- Use keyword in sub directories.
What to look for in Heading Tags for SEO?
- Primary heading refers to as H1, where as, subheadings are as H2 to H6. While, H1 to H2 tags do carry some benefit in SEO.
- Heading tag determines what the pages are about and page structure.
- From SEO stand point, H1 tag is most important and then H2 tag is somewhat important.
- Optimize the Heading tag with keywords in a natural way and not for bots.
- H3 has no value from SEO stand point yet it is good for user understanding to content in a better way.
- If you are unable to incorporate the keywords in headings naturally then better leave it out.
- Use one H1 per page and then H2 as subsequent heading stages.
- Don’t include multiple unnecessary heading tags on on-page just to include keyword, as this will make a page to look spammy.
- Remove the H1 from the site name and H2 from menu.
- Add H3 tags to subheadings near the bottom of the page.