How to Frame Content Strategy for Online Marketing
Framing Content strategy for Online Marketing Campaign
Without a content strategy for an online marketing campaign, it will be difficult to achieve the goals. As the task of content creation starts right from the ideation stage. Therefore, it’s important to involve the digital marketing agency, right from the inception. Furthermore, content strategy for an online marketing campaign, can’t be made in isolation. So, it’s the collaborative effort of the agency content and design team, and the organization’s marketing team. To frame the content strategy for any online organization, keep the following elements in mind:-
- Get to know your client.
- Core objectives of the digital marketing campaign.
- Why the client wants to have an online marketing campaign.
What to know about your client?
Going further to frame a content strategy for an online marketing campaign, you must get to know the organization, obtain some of the following information from the client;
- When the company was established?
- What are their businesses, organizational commitments towards client service?
- Where their existing ranking of the business stands?
- Do they have the provision of standards of products and services?
- The spread of the company, is it local, across the country, or International?
- The credibility of the organization in the eyes of the public?
- Whether it is gender-specific or for all genders, Understand the audience?
Get to know the core objectives of a digital marketing campaign
Ask the client!
These are some of the possible objectives, which may any of the organizations set, before asking the consultant to frame a content marketing strategy for them. When framing the content strategy, it’s important to keep in mind, the core objective to achieve the desired results.
- Increase in organic traffic.
- Lead via the website.
- Improvement for visibility.
- Increase downloads and signups for lead generation.
- Make the business the leading voice in a niche industry.
- Recover from the problems caused by the google search algorithm.
- Regain organic search visibility and grow the traffic.
- Increase traffic through paid search campaigns.
- Consolidate the searches and digital PR.
- To highlight the organization’s deep knowledge base.
- Boosting the conversion rates and reducing the CPC.
- Improve organic revenue and increase the customer base in the niche industry.
- Planning to expand its range of products.
Why online marketing campaign is needed?
- Because the organization is building a new website or making changes in the existing website.
- As the organization made changes in the web design.
- Change of platform.
- Created the blog or moving of blog, if created on sub-domain.
Framing the content Strategy for Online Marketing
The content and design team from the digital marketing agency will make the marketing plan and manage the process of content creation right from ideation to production, even to outreach and promotion. To add further, the agency will ensure the coverage, referrals, social media sharing, and links from mainstream and niche target publications.
To start with the process the agency content and design team has to coordinate with the organization’s team. It will be a collaborative effort by the organization and your team. Agency will;
- Develop SEO strategy with the help of the company team to improve the relevance and alignment of the website. For that, web analysis will lead you to plan as to how to improve onsite SEO. With the help of a technical audit, find out any flaws in the site architecture. Analyze and audit the Link profile. Prepare a comprehensive report on unnatural links.
- Review the website and conduct keyword research to gather valuable data from paid search. Identify the key target search terms and phrases to be incorporated organically in the content at appropriate places.
- Develop the content for the website while PR strategy to bring value to the target audiences. The content so created, should meet the user needs and as well as, the requirement of search engine. For high-quality pages match the “EAT” (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and trustworthiness) characteristics. Advise the client, as to how to create useful and engaging content on the website. Keep in mind the target keywords and phrases.
- Provide guidance for the migration of old website pages to the new website if needed.
Digital Media and PR
- The media and digital PR team should develop an online marketing strategy, Position your client as a thought leader in the relevant industry.
- Speak to people, articles by journalists, and conduct interviews with the national press for PR. Develop case studies for key target media.
- It will help build a reputation, raise brand awareness, and gain coverage in key online/offline publications. But this all must reach the target audiences.
- Find the appropriate time in which the campaign be launched, depending on the industry, built around, some popular events, and awareness days.
- Significant increase in organic visibility and an increase in traffic.
- Achievement in a higher ranking for the organization’s core search terms despite the tough competition.
- The content published in mainstream publications and the interviews conducted and reviews obtained.
- Digital stories will reach the number of readers and the number of time articles shared.
- The positioning of the website on Google’s first page for the core keywords and phrases.
Set the KPIs and measure the metrics, to see, that strategy is moving in the right direction. Introduce an ongoing optimization model as well as, to test the new creatives and landing pages, all leading to enhance conversions. These learning from feedback should be incorporated into an SEO campaign, Meta description, and on-page SEO.