Facebook Ads-Drive more Website traffic
How to Set Facebook Ad and Drive Traffic to your Website
Incorporating Facebook Ads to drive traffic, into your marketing funnel is not only rewarding but an economical method as well. Therefore, to drive traffic from your Facebook page to your landing page on your website, you need to create an ad that is eye catching and engaging. Although, all online businesses, run
marketing campaigns to boost traffic to their websites, while there are many platforms as well. Where you can display your Ads. But Facebook is the prime method of marketing by the marketers.
Sometime, you may feel frustrated as Facebook Ads are not bringing any traffic to your website. You are right in a sense. But traffic can only land on your website, once, your Facebook Ads are optimized. To attract traffic to your website, answer to the following questions. Consequently, your website will start receiving the traffic;
- As, What channels to use to generate traffic to your website?
- From where to look for more traffic?
- What methods to be used, to drive traffic to your website, specifically through Facebook?
- How Facebook Ad will bring traffic to your website?
Therefore, in this article I will reveal you, all the secrets that will bring traffic and generate sales through Facebook. Just to apprise you that according to e-Marketer, Facebook takes up to 19.6% of the total online US ad revenue that is huge in the presence of so many marketing platforms. Hence, Facebook is the only, expected to grow in the days to come. You just need to understand Facebook and this is the right time.
Facebook Ads, Learn as a fun
Make this post as, exiting and useful resource for your online marketing growth. Certainly, you will find this post a valuable guide, easy to comprehend and implement.
This step-by-step Facebook Ads guide and tips, to drive traffic, will place you on the path to craft successful Facebook Ads campaign. This include,Ad strategy, logging in Facebook, Campaign objectives, Creating an account, Ad setting by considering various variables, Designing and creating an Ad for your Facebook page.
Facebook Ads Journey to Business Growth
Facebook Ads campaign is simple, as you target the prospective buyer by serving an Ad on Facebook page. The Visitor clicks this Ad on Facebook and reaches on your targeted landing page on your desired website. To ignite the interest of your targeted audience in your Facebook Ads, there are various formats, depending on the advertising objectives. This is what all the stuff, I am going to reveal in detail to you.
For easy understanding, you will find the whole process of Facebook Ads campaign under the following headings:
- Make the strategy for Facebook Ads campaign.
- Set the KPI’s to monitor the Facebook Ads… performance.
- How to log in into the Facebook as a business.
- Creating the Facebook Ads Campaign.
- Ad variables to be considered.
- Putting other details in the Facebook account.
- Account and campaign setting’s requirements.
Making Strategy for the Facebook Ads Campaign
When framing the strategy for your Facebook Ads campaign and investing any money into it, first of all, understand your marketing goals. These goals are in the following three categories:
The good news is, that Facebook helps you to draw your Business objectives from the above three categories. See as how it works;
Setting Business Objectives
|Objectives or Motives||Brand Awareness||Traffic||Conversion|
|APP installs||Store visits|
While keeping in view, the interest of your target audience and your business objectives, select the format for Ad i.e. Photo, Image, Video or text.
Depending on the advertising objectives for the business, select the type of Media as;
- Some blog post providing solutions for the prospective buyer’s pain points.
- A sort of long form content addressing the buyer needs.
- Free downloadable guide for buyer, for the product or service you are offering or some useful relevant information.
As, the Facebook has different platforms, like Instagram, Audience Network, Facebook and messenger. So, the placement of your Ads, depends on your business objectives. But remember format has to follow the story. The content of the story will guide you to choose the form of the format.
Note: Different forms to create the format are used for different purposes. One thing is must that all Ads on Facebook and Instagram need to have an image.
Different Formats of Ads for Facebook, Instagram and there purposes
It can be single image ad, carousal, collection, slideshow or canvas to advertise with multiple images and videos. Hence, Uses could be;
|o Brand Awareness,
o Store visits.
Videos can be created from your Facebook page or with the help of advertising tool; Ads Manager or Business Manager. It will be able to fulfill following objectives:
|o Reach to more people
o Engage your audience
o Promote video views
o Drive conversions
It allows you up to 10 images or videos within a single Ad but every image will have its own link. Objectives could be;
|o Brand awareness,
o Store visits,
o Gaining Traffic,
It’s ideal for e-Commerce advertisement. In this you can combine videos, slideshow or images of the product. This form of the format allows the visitor to interact more with your Ad and browse more products. Objectives could be;
|o Driving Traffic
o Store visits
o Catalog sales objectives
This form is the best to attract the audience attention by telling your story beautifully in form of motions, sounds and text.
It allows, to have experience to open full screen and its mobile optimized ad.
Lead Generation Ads:
If you are interested to collect information from people who are interested in your business. Make use of image, video or carousal, followed by a lead form.
These formats are designed to offer discount ads, to be shared with your customers on Facebook. To create these you can make use of image, video or carousel.
This is in the form of page post on Facebook, targeted to get more likes, shares, comments and photo views.
These ad formats are used for the event awareness and get responses from the targeted audience. Images or videos can be used to create the one.
This ad format is match and mix of video and image. Used to drive page likes.
Set KPIs- To Measure Facebook Ads Performance
As a marketer we all know “What can be measured can be managed and improved upon”. You made a very nice strategy to create a Facebook Ad campaign which really makes sense but ignored to set metrics. Probably, you will remain short of objectives. Therefore, setting the measures is very important. To measure, you have to find the metrics. Hence, only metrics will measure what is performing and what is not.
As a result, you can improve upon or make changes in your Ads campaign. Most importantly, your Facebook has all the facilities to assist you to measure the relevant metrics. The Facebook insight is a big help to monitor your Ad campaign. There are over 100 metrics to measure the performance of your Ad on Facebook but I will list the common and most important metrics.
- Engagement: It is the measure, the number of times someone took action on your page.
- Reach: As, to how many people saw your post.
- Impression: It reveals the number of times your posts were seen.
- Referral Traffic: The traffic, Facebook referred to your website.
- Video Retention: It specifies as what percentage of time your video people watch. (If you think people like small videos, tailor it accordingly)
- Video Engagement: In this, you will measure the click to play.
- Conversion Rate: It reveals, as how many visitors directed by Facebook have been converted to respond Call-to-action on your landing page.
- CPC & CPM: It is the option by the Facebook, as, how you’re charged for ads. Where CPC is Cost per click, and CPM is cost per thousand impression
- CTR: It shows the percentage of people that saw your ad, and click through to your landing page. This is very important metric to measure, as, it directly impacts the ad’s relevance.
- Cost per action. It will reveal the cost for sale or convert a lead. With this you can price your ads properly.
- Ad Frequency: It is the measure of average number of times people see a specific ad. (Avoid the same ad to be displayed multiple times. Create multiple variations of your ads, change the copy or visual for each version of ad to be displayed on Facebook page.
Note: Cost per click and CTR are different from conversion rate. Conversion rate pertains to your website page while CPC or CTR is what people click on the ad on your Facebook page. It is not necessary, anybody who clicks on ad will convert as well.
Monitoring with Facebook:
Determining and analyzing your performance with the help of data for the above metrics is important. There are many tools in the market, but I recommend these free tools;
- Google Analytics
In case of Facebook, just log into your Facebook account and head to your page. Click on the four small horizontal lines next to the Ad manager on the left top corner. Here you are on the dashboard. Facebook’s default interface is an excellent place to monitor your Ad’s performance. Choose the item you are interested in. See the screen shot below;
Facebook Logging in and setting Ad campaign
Let’s dive deep into the Facebook, and discuss step-by-step the complete procedure to get maximum benefit out of your Facebook Ad campaign.
To start with “Open the Facebook.com”
- Logged into Facebook as your Business, as, your identity is business not you and the home page appears, with the bar menu on the left side, as under.
2. Select Ads Manager:
In the menu bar on the left under the “create” Click “Ad” . A new page “Ads Manager” will appear with name on the top left. (See the screen shot.) and a self-explanatory chart, showing the overview of the Goals, Objectives, variable for “Ad Set” and “Ad”.
3. Select the Objectives
Click the “Objective” on the left side menu bar. Facebook has made the things very simple. Facebook will show you the objectives, as, already designed, under three categories of goals. Just click, on the desired objective under the relevant category of goal and your objective is selected. For the purposes of this article I select the objective as “Traffic” under the category “consideration”. See in the below image;
4. Create Account
Next on the left side menu bar, Scroll down to “Ad Account” and click on “create New”. (The Facebook page will look like this as in the screen shot).
5. Click “continue” down below and you’re on the page “Ad set”. It will look like this, see the screenshot.
6. Select Variables
Click “Ad set” on the left side bar for selection of variable. You can mix and match various variables for the fulfillment of your business objectives.
- Now, under the Ad set you will see, Traffic, Offer, Audience, Placement and Budget & schedule. Answer the variable as deem fit and suitable for your business objectives.
– Traffic: Choose when you want to drive traffic.
– Offer: These are discounts you can share with your customers if any. I will not go into detail as it’s beyond the scope of this article.
– Audience: Add custom audience, their location, age, Gender, language, detailed targeting, and connections. Further detail is covered under the heading “creating your audience”
– Placement: Facebook has given both the options automatic as well as manually. See the detail in the next paras under placement heading.
7. Set various variables in the “Ad set” section above, keeping in view, the goals and objectives of your Ad campaign.
8. Design and Create Ad
Click the next tab down below “Ad”. This portion is the designing and creation of your Ad for the Facebook campaign. There are three tasks to perform here:-
- Click on “Identity”. Give your page an identity, your business is your identity not you.
- Select the appropriate “Format” , While keeping in view the interest of your target audience and your business objectives. Facebook offers various options of formats for different objectives. Match and mix these to draw the best results. Various formats are Image, Video, collection, Carousel, Slideshow, Canvas, Lead generation ads, Offers, Post engagement, Event Responses ads, and for Page likes. Detail of all these has already been explained above.
- Hit the “link” and choose the images and links that appear in your ad. You can create video right on the page.
|⇒ Enter the text clear and concise content.
⇒ Give attention grabbing headline.
⇒ Describe the product or service for the audience in and impressive manner but remain relevant.
⇒ Do not forget to put the URL of your landing page, the page you want people to visit on your website.
9. Now you are all set to launch your Ad campaign on Facebook, just click review and ensure that everything is in order and click confirm.
Considerations for Facebook Ad Variables
- Ensure to link the Ad to the right Facebook page (In the case of Facebook Business Page, Facebook automatically links it to the right page). You can select the business page from another drop down menu as well.
- Create the eye catching “Head Line” in case you do not create your head line, Facebook as default pulls the head line from your title tag. For example if your title tag is “Want a perfect website” Facebook will display this as your headline.
- Head line is followed by the Ad content i.e. Learn how to improve SEO of your website.
- Facebook automatically displays the ad to the audience best suited to your business objectives. Although, Facebook offers two approaches Manual and automatic. I recommend, use automatic and let the Facebook decide where to place your ad, best within your budget. But always do follow “lowest cost bid Strategy”.
- Placement may be on Facebook, Instagram, Audience network, and Messenger. Placement across family of Facebook APP and services will be as under:-
|Audience Net work||Messenger|
|Feed||Feed||Native, banner and Interstitial||Home|
|Instant Articles||Stories||In-stream videos||Sponsored messages|
- Irrespective of the placement of Ad, whether on other people’s news feeds, or as a right-column ad, or for that matter at any other place, ensure the following:-
– The picture/image is clear and nice, (eye catching).
– Headline is brief but compelling and nice (few words must narrate the complete story and compels the visitor to click through, but relevant content to the landing page content. (No fake calls).
Note: Facebook updates the ad almost live, as you typed in, it is there, displayed on your page.
Putting other Details in the Facebook Account
Without audience your campaign can not achieve success, for that, create persona of your audience to reach them.
- Choose the location, to target your audience on to your page.
- Determine the goal, whether, you want a customer, traffic, or want conversion. You goal will decide this.
- Trend of the business in the location/country that people tend to visit your website and convert. (Select the relevant area, zip code if local business).
- Select the appropriate age group, you want to target, i.e. executive’s level, people with mid-level age group or older age people. It all depends on your business product or service.
- What gender your product or service is for, select the appropriate gender to reach that particular gender.
- Consider the interest categories of your audience. Therefore, it is always better to target your ads. Although, Education level matters but while getting specific, select the relevant education level needed for that product or service. So, be specific.
- Connections matter a lot and if you are targeting family and friends, or people connected to your page, or you have lot of followers on Facebook then use the advance targeting. Otherwise, it’s always better to make it “Set to all”.
- Some time you can use friends connections; If, you have lot of likes on your page and you want to target customers who are friends of people connected to your page, you can do it, just by entering your page, app or any event here.
- Facebook’s expended category list of audience is great, Choose the audience from the expended category list but testing is necessary.
Re-targeting to optimize your Facebook Ads
Re-targeting is the technique in which you set up a sequence of ads in a way, that if, someone visits your website and takes some action, consequently, you can reach him again with the next ad. But for that you need data, as who visited the website and what all action taken.
For this purpose, Facebook has a small piece of website plugin named “Facebook pixel” with the tracking code, it is installed/placed on the header of your website page. It gives you the measure and analysis of the effectiveness of your ad.
As a result, Facebook users who visits your site’s page are notified to you, for actions taken by them. Now you have the data of customers who already visited your site. It gives you the opportunity to reach them again through future Facebook Ads. The benefit is that;
- You reach the right people.
- Drive more sales
- Measure the results of your ads.
Facebook Account and Campaign Settings Requirements
It all depends, on the following factors:-
- Currency of your country, you are logged in.
- Your campaign budget.
- How much you want to spend on this business.
- Selecting as per day or even use life time budget, if the campaign is huge.
- You can use the option of “Automatically optimize my Bid” to get more clicks but it is always better to select “Manually Bid for Clicks”, it will save your lot of budget.
- Choosing maximum bid per click.
- Have the option to test the bid per click, by putting it, at below the suggested bid and see how many clicks you are getting.
- At the end in the “Review order” you can enter your credit card information and make the payment.
Takeaway: In conclusion; these are all guidelines and best practices, to proceed to use Facebook Ads to drive traffic by setting the Ads campaign, not the ultimate solutions to any scenario. For good results, Focus on creating a great ad and choose the right audience demographically.