Content Strategy Plus Online Marketing
Content Strategy for online Marketing Campaign
Content strategy is made, just to set the right path for your online marketing campaign. You have to spend time and effort to make effective content strategy. It will set the brand path, whichever direction, the brand wants to move. Your every piece of content should reflect the brand intent. It is, only the brand intent which will direct your to the right audience. You will determine in the content strategy for your online marketing campaign, as which is the right media to reach the targeted audience, on the right platform.
In the buyer’s journey, Only engaging content will lead the customers, right to the Call-to-Action stage. So, present your brand story to the audiences in an interesting way. As a result, your audience will consume the content. They will like it and love to share as well. But only if it has value to them.
Customer has no time, he just spends 8 seconds on the First page and decides, as to hook at the page or hit the back button and bounce off. So remember, when designing your content strategy, brainstorm and spend time on research. Time spent in research is never wasted.
Elements of content strategy for online Marketing
1. Get to know your client, by obtaining some of the following information.
- Ask as, when the company was established?
- What are their businesses, organizational commitments towards client service?
- Find existing ranking of the business.
- Get provision of standards of products and services.
- How much is the spread of the company, is it local, across the country or International.
- Determine the credibility of the organization in the eyes of public.
- Whether it is gender specific or for all genders.
2. Ask for the core objectives, of this online marketing campaign.
While framing the content strategy, it is important to keep in mind, the core objective for the campaign to achieve and the desired results. To frame content strategy, some of the possible objectives could be, which any of the organization may set, before asking the consultant.
- Want Increase in organic traffic.
- Obtain Leads via the website.
- Seek improvement in visibility.
- Increase down loads and signups for lead generation.
- Make the business as the leading voice in niche industry.
- Recovery from the problems caused by google search algorithm.
- Regain organic search visibility and grow the traffic.
- Boost traffic through paid search campaign.
- Consolidate the searches and digital PR.
- High light the organizations deep knowledge base.
- Enhance the conversion rates and reducing the CPC.
- To, Improve organic revenue and increase the customer base in the niche industry.
- Plans to expand their range of products.
3. Why client wants to conduct online marketing campaign?
- Is the organization building a new website or making changes in the existing website.
- Or Making change in the web-design.
- Because of Change of plate form.
- Creation of blog or moving of blog, if created on sub-domain.
4. Framing the content Marketing Strategy
Content and design team, from the digital marketing agency, has to make the marketing plan and manage the process of content creation, right from ideation to production and to outreach and promotion. They will ensure the coverage, referrals, social media sharing and links from mainstream and niche target publications.
To start with the process, first of all, your content and design team, has to coordinate with the organization’s team, so as to make it the collaborative effort by the organization and your team. Your team can’t work in isolation to plan and develop the strategy.
- With the help of company team, first of all, develop SEO strategy, so as to improve relevance and alignment of the website.
- Carryout Website audit and site analysis, this will lead you to plan as to how improve the on-page SEO. While by carrying out the technical audit, find out the flaws if any, in the site architecture.
- Analyze and audit the Link profile. Prepare a comprehensive report on unnatural links.
- Conduct keyword research and gather valuable data from paid search. Identify the key target search terms and phrases, to incorporated organically in the content, at the right places.
- Finally, develop the content for the website and PR strategy. To bring value to the targeted audiences, your content should meet the user needs, as well as, the requirement of Google. It should be matching, “EAT” (Expertise, Authoritativeness and trustworthy) characteristics.
- Advice, as how to create a useful and engaging content on the website, while keeping in mind, the targeted keywords and phrases.
- Provide guidance for the migration of old website pages to the new website if needed.
5. Selecting Digital Media and PR.
- Digital Media and PR team should develop, an online marketing strategy. Position your client as a thought leader, in the relevant industry.
- Speak to people, articles by the journalists, and conduct interviews, with national press for PR. Develop case studies for key target media.
- It will help build reputation, raise brand awareness and gain coverage in key online/offline publications. But this all will reach to the target audiences only, if the right media and right platform is chosen.
- Find the appropriate time, in which the campaign be launched. Depending on the industry, selecting some popular events and awareness days can be useful.
- Your client expect to see significant increase in organic visibility and increase in traffic.
- Achievement in higher ranking for organization’s core search terms, despite the tough competition.
- The content is published in the main stream publications and the interviews conducted and reviews obtained.
- How many digital stories reached to the number of readers and number of time, articles shared.
- Positioning of website on Google’s first page for the core keywords and phrases.
Measure as, Is the Strategy Moving:
- Finally to find as, is the strategy moving in the right direction. To achieve this, build the effective KPIs. Introduce an ongoing optimization model. As well as, to test the new creatives and landing pages, all must be leading to enhance conversions.
- These learning from feedback and measures, should be incorporated in the SEO campaign, Meta description and on page SEO.