Content Strategy-Brand Concept Statement
How Content Strategy depends on the Brand Concept Statement
The process of content strategy begins by brainstorming on the brand Experience and objectives. WE will describe here only the Content strategy and the role of Brand while designing the content Strategy. The concept statement of the brand and how it incorporates the experiences when audience achieve, by consuming this Brand. Actually the Brand concept statement leads to frame the effective content strategy. The Content, Engagement and Relationship are other elements, which form part of the content strategy design process. But we will only focus on content strategy and Brand.
Anyway to put it in a diagrammatic shape it will be somewhat like this:-
What the content strategy is?
Content strategy uses credible, trustworthy, transparent media to communicate stories and information to enhance an organization’s strategic goals. Therefore, Organizations must provide engaging, credible, trustworthy and transparent content that enhances the target audience’s ability, to make important decisions in their work and personal lives. This is what the definition of content strategy demands.
Before to move on, you should know your organization’s most important, prioritized strategic goals; focus on them. Integrate content strategy Marketing across your organization at various levels.
- Message level.
- Content Distribution Level.
- Strategic Level.
People will take more of, what they need to know from organization while the organizations give them what they want to know. See the difference.
Content strategy is a powerful discipline that is essential, for every for-profit, non-profit and government organization. That is going to thrive in the digital age. As all organizations are fast becoming publishers, broadcasters, innovators and content influencer.
There are challenges when designing the content strategy which you have to cater right from the beginning. Consider following factors when crafting the content strategy:-
- With the digitization of internet of things, world is ever coming more complicated, people will give you their time and attention if you give them more of what they want.
- Everyone you want to reach has 1440 minutes in their day; not a second more.
- There is tons of information and this tidal-wave is rising by every single day, and will continue to rise.
- There are plenty of formats and channels available to audience, your content strategy will direct while keeping in mind various factors to what format and which channel the media be made available. Formats and channels are Digital, Print and publishing, Broadcast/Radio, Mobile, Experiential, Social, Gaming, Emerging Media.
Let See What is a brand?
- It is a clear central idea…..a concept, the organization is created.
- Make it clear what the people should believe, about service or product and this is believable.
- What different than competitors, distinguishes the product or service for competitive possibilities.
What to consider when Creating brand?
- Brand is not just the name or look of a product or service.
- It is based on the understanding of the consumers.
- Idea or concept of what would be the best idea of the product or service to them.
- Marketing your brand only by understanding the consumers and designing products and services to meet their needs and wants. Only then communicate this to consumers.
Articulating Brand Concept Statement
Articulate the concept of your brand very clearly. Explain the experiences like Inspiration, Identity, Utilitarian and social experiences.
The best tool to articulate the Brand Concept is to write “Brand Positioning Statement” that specifies: (The concept should be service to the audience).
- Who the target segment is? (Describe the target audience.)
- What the core concept of the brand is? (Categorize the product)
- How this is different from competitors? (Elaborate the point of difference with the similar products).
Make the positioning statement like this:-
- To = Target
- Who = Characteristic
- This Brand = What is it like.
- That = What different from others?
While creating the brand core concept, keep this thing in mind that:
It’s about them, Not You!
I mentioned earlier about experiences like Inspiration, Identity, Utilitarian and social experiences. Let’s dive deep a little more into the experiences and their relation with your brand.
Experiences in Context to Brand:
Experience begins with the concept “what is our best idea of what the content should mean to its readers or viewers. It can be described as, how people feel, think and act when they consume your content or use your product.
The collective set of experiences that a person has with content that creates overall engagement with the brand. To elaborate it further, it is a set of beliefs that people have about how a brand fits into their lives. It’s what your audience thinks your brand is, not what you think it is.
Why Brand Experience Matters?
It matters for three reasons:-
- All content creates user experience.
- Experience is linked to usage.
- You, the creator of the content, can shape those experiences.
Types of Brand Experiences
There could be many experiences but we will just focus on these for easy understanding:
- It’s easy; I have instant access to the content.
- I feel rejuvenated as it gives me good tips on health.
- Makes me smarter being a member of the community.
- Looks out for my interest.
- It gives me something to talk about and share with
Although all the experiences have their own value but in my point of view, the social experience takes the lead.
- This content, gives me something to talk about and share experience.
- Reading, viewing or hearing this media content, I learn things that I can bring up in conversation with others.
- Watching this content makes me a more interesting person.
- I bring up things I have read, in conversations with many other people.
- Reading this content, gives me something to talk about.
- I show this content, to people in my family and friends.
As an example let’s examine the mission “concept statement:
“To serve sports fans wherever sports are watched, listen to, discussed, debated, read about, or played”
The explanation of this concept statement is, as it;
- Identifies the Audience = “Sports fans”.
- Categorizes the Product/Service = “Sports”.
- Creates an Experiences. = Watched, listened to, discussed, debated, Read about or played. (Viewers get inspired).
- It Points the Difference = “Wherever sports are watched”.
To conclude, we described that Content strategy for the Brand is, a wholesome of Brand, Content, and Engagement and Relationship with the audience, and the role of Brand while designing the content Strategy. The concept statement of the brand and how it incorporates the experiences, the audience achieve by consuming the Brand.