Content Marketing Strategy for the Marketing Campaign
Content Marketing Strategy for the Marketing Campaign
Framing Content Strategy for your marketing campaign is the job of professionals who knows, how to frame strategy to create content, for marketing your product or service. It’s a bit technical but not difficult at all. For any Marketing campaign, you have to set the goals. As, what you want to achieve from this campaign. Because, You are spending lot of money, time and effort, so, there has to be results for the selected goals. Let us, start as, what the goals could be:-
Marketing Campaign Goals
- Want to build brand awareness.
- Target is to increase sales.
- Increase in profit. (Keep in mind, increase in sales never mean increase in profit).
- To launch new product or service.
- Intend to expand business into new market.
- Aim is to target new customers.
- Grow market share of current product or service.
- Develop brand affinity, loyalty and create kinship.
- Grow the digital presence.
Once the goals are all set, start brainstorming to plan your SMART goals. Describe the each goal, in an appropriate manner, so as, there is no confusion in the minds of executors. See the explanations for each character in SMART goals in the Template below:-
Your goals are all set, discussed, and approved, what next?
How to Set Budget for Marketing Campaign
You can’t spend like that. There is never free hand. Rather,even millions dollar companies carryout the research and decide what and how much to spend and where.
Answers to these questions will set your budget:-
- What is your yearly total revenue of the organization?
- How much revenue you have allocated to the Marketing?
- Carryout the search in your industry, how much your competitors are spending.
- To compete, how much do you need to spend ?
- Do you need to spend more this year than usual?
- If we consider the complete year of marketing campaigns, what percentage this campaign is spending?
- In what priority this campaign fits in the overall objectives of the organization?
Marketing Campaign Brand Messaging
Setting the Brand Message is very important factor. Because, this shows what offering or brands your marketing campaign is for. Therefore, Keep these perspectives in mind when creating the brand message:
- Customer perspective: Your product or service is for people. Therefore, create persona and then decide, what to present to potential buyers, clients and customers.
- Internal Perspective: Internal team matters a lot, hence, set a driving force, motivators behind your internal team that drives their work.
- Market Perspective: Because there may be, lots of competitors of your product or service in your industry. Therefore, what differentiate your offerings from others to make you standout in your industry.
You have set the goals, determined the budget and created the brand message, what next!
Frame the Content Marketing Strategy
While framing the Content Marketing Strategy, determine the following:-
- Mission Statement.
- Brand promise.
- Tone and voice.
- Unique selling proposition (USP).
- Key Terms to describe the product.
- Target Audience (make Persona).
- Buyer’s Journey.
- Marketing Channels.
- KPI’s (Measures)
- Incorporation of Feedback
Now let’s describe a little about each element:-
Your Mission Statement:
Mission Statement must answer the following three questions;
- What do you do?
- What do you stand for?
- And why do you do it?
Your brand promise should be visible from your mission statement, as,
- What value do you provide to your customer?
Tone and voice:
Describe personality characteristics of your brand, it must attract the audience. Use the active voice.
Unique selling Proposition (USP):
There are many similar products available in your industry but what differentiate your product, from your competitors.
Describe the unique phrases or branded terms for your product or service, list them. The words must be such that describes the product or service value of the brand or offerings.
Your whole campaign is for the audience.Therefore, Define your target audience for your product or service and make persona for each type of target audience. It should be in the form of story basing on the demographics. Persona is a fictional character who would be your ideal customer. Give it a name and get following information about your target audience;
- Marital and family status.
- Income level.
- Education level.
- Life style.
- Interest and hobbies
- Ethnic background.
- World view.
Whenever a customer wants to buy or use some services, he will put a query in the browser for the intended product or service by putting some terms or phrase. (Here comes the roll of terms and phrases we have already selected). And the buyer’s journey starts;
Important: These stages are for your consideration, as, how your customer is going to deal, at every stage of the buying journey and his behavior. You have to lead him at every stage with your content. Create the content accordingly.
Considerations for Marketing Channels
In setting the content marketing strategy for the marketing campaign, this is a very important stage, as for as the marketing campaign is concern. You created the Media (your content is your media) very nicely but does not appear on the right channel. As a result, your campaign will face the problems and it’s likely that you may not achieve the goals. Marketing channels are mainly divided in three main categories, so, you have to decide strategically which all channels suits you the best while keeping in mind your business goals. These categories are:-
- Traditional Marketing.
- Digital Marketing.
- Content Marketing.
Just see what is covered under what:
|Traditional Marketing||Digital Marketing||Content Marketing|
Radio & Television Ads
|Copy content creation (blogging, articles, e-books).
Multimedia content creation. (Video, slide shows, info graphics).
Content distribution & promotion.
Setting the KPIs
Finally, you are all set, to execute your Content marketing strategy; framed for your marketing campaign. You set the goals, which specifies the intentions of executives for their marketing team and other members. Your SMART goals are all set, but the job is not finished yet, rather started now. Because, you have to measure every goal you have set for your marketing campaign. Place your KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), measure everything you decided in your SMART goals. So, that you can make sure goals are achieved, with in the time frame set for that goal.
Your Content Marketing Strategy for the marketing campaign has to be well thought out effort, not only it will save your money and effort but achieve the desired goals as well.