Digital Marketing Campaign
Digital Marketing Campaign- From Strategy to Ad Copy
The long sale message has 157 years of history but today the game is changed in the field of advertisement. Hence, With the advent of Internet of things and further, introduction to new digital technologies, marketing industry is attracted towards digital marketing. This paradigm shift to advertise the product and services on digital channels, has posed lot of challenges and offered enormous amount of opportunities as well. Furthermore, availability of advanced digital tools and proliferation of social media channels, above all, the trend of customers to remain connected has made the task further up hill.
Some of these figures are eye opener for the traditional marketers, ado, policy makers should also consider these facts in their future adventures in policy making;
- 25% of the world economy will be digital by year 2020.
(Digital Economic value Index)
- 5 Million Net loss of jobs by 2020 due to emerging digital technologies.
(World Economic Forum)
Most of all, in digital marketing, market reach is very important. Irrespective how you reach to your audience but you have to reach the customer, where he is and reach him at the time when he is available. To achieve this uphill goal, you need to follow these simple but important elements of digital marketing;
- You have to reach the customer where he is.
- Maximize commercial outcomes of your digital marketing campaign.
- In a multimedia world, add value to all media adequately.
- Inspire the reader with testimonials, comments and case studies.
- Innovate products and propositions rendering additional value to the customer.
Digital Marketing Needs The Right Digital Products:
Choosing the right digital products depends on your type of marketing, engaging strategy, Access strategy, behavior of customers, and type of content. Beside, the type of content you intent to advertise, you may like to consider any of the following digital products:-
- Online Marketing,
- SEO Services,
- Account Based Marketing,
- Internet marketing,
- Website marketing,
- Social media Marketing,
- Digital marketing
Therefore, to use any of these products, you have to create the engaging strategy and frame work. Craft the digital advertising Mix strategy, while using all the key channels available. In addition, you have to adhere to the principles of effective digital marketing i.e. Targeting, Personalization and Optimization.
The Key advertising channels are:-
- Email Marketing,
- Search Engine Advertising,
- Digital Advertising overviews,
- Display advertising,
- Video advertising.
Role of Ad team in Digital Marketing Campaign
No digital Marketing campaign can succeed without capable and efficient Ad team. Hence, before you move on to advertising work, establish your Ad team to cover as much ground as possible with a small team but without stretching your team too much. Who should constitute your Ad team:-
Online Campaign Management:
This is required component with following skills:-
- Online campaign management inside and outside.
- Knows about paid search and other forms of digital advertising.
- Knows how to create sparkling ad copy.
Person for creative service must have the skill set of:-
- Able to design banners.
- Writing landing pages.
- Understand the important campaign elements to include;
– What to do with tracking pixel,
– What to do with code snippet
- Rather, for effective marketing campaign, this person should be blend of developer and artist.
How to Advertise Now:
Your team is all most set and now we are moving towards advertising. For advertising you need to integrate your digital marketing plan on multi-channels. To achieve this, you need to pass through the process of:-
Acquiring of Customers- when and how?
To sell the thing you need customers. Therefore, you acquire them by advertising on Facebook, Emails, tweets, LinkedIn and many more channels. Customer is acquired when he;
- Subscribes to Email Newsletter,
- Download the App,
- Downloads the eBook,
- Clicks on targeted Ads,
- Visits your website,
Once Customer is Acquired,he Engages:
- By Reading the personalized Emails.
- Looking at the products or services on your website.
- Reads the reviews on your website.
- Carries the comparison shopping.
Then He Converts, by taking action
Above all, when customer converts, the ultimate aim of the marketer is achieved. He converts by:-
- Writing a review on your website.
- Shares the link with a friend.
- Interacts with Social sharing.
- Takes part in your reward program.
- Purchases the product.
- Registers for Webinar.
Great He is advocating you Too On!
Your job as advertiser is not over, you have to measure the impact of your advertising to satisfy the client. So, that their money spent is worth and gives them value. For measuring you may use many advance marketing tools available in the market. Remember that all Marketing efforts are directed towards value for money.
What instrument acquires the customer, engages him, and Then converts?
The Mighty Ad!
Your Digital marketing Campaign need well Crafted Ad:
Your Ad must accompany the adhesive characteristics, most of all, the right keywords, based on;
- It’s relevancy to the business goals.
- How much traffic it is converting.
- And how much big competition it has.
What to consider to choose the right keywords?
Ask these simple questions to yourself;
- Is this keyword relevant to my product, service or website?
- Are my offering useful and delivers value to some one?
- Do we have content for this keyword or we have to create on?
- How much traffic this key word is attracting?
Most importantly, before the Keyword are finally chosen for the Ad, brainstorm with your team, key executives, and stakeholders and then finalize the keyword.
Crafting Ad copy for your digital marketing campaign:
Consider the following to craft an effective Ad copy:-
- Complete Ad copy should be of 70 characters and 25 characters for headline.
- Headline for your Ad copy should be engaging.
- PPC Ad should be compelling.
- Should be relevant.
- Resonates with and addresses the needs of your audience.
- Directly addresses the customer’s pain point and offers the solution for the problem.
- The value you offer is directly visible upfront, to your audience.
- It should not sell rather let the customer dream.
Ad headline must be sparkling and has to popup
Headline should have the following characteristics:-
- Strong language
- Creating a sense of urgency
- Convey authority
Must to Follow Rules for PPC Ads Writing
- Language must be clear and easy to understand.
- Language must be vivid and emotional.
- Keywords so selected must have relevant intent.
- Offer must be compelling with clear Call-To-Action (CTA).
The important point, to note is to review other ads showing up for your keywords, and make use of negative keywords facility so that your Ad is not triggered for those keywords. In PPC every click counts.
How Google looks at it?
Consequently, Google accord the quality score to all Ads for (PPC) searches. Quality score is a big deal as it affects your ad position, your Cost-per-click (CPC) and eligibility for ad extension. There may be many more points but some are as under:-
- Keyword’s past performance matters and your CTR.
- Your account history basing on your overall CTR performance.
- Keyword’s relevance to the ad and landing page.
- Relevancy of keyword with the phrase customer is using.
- Targeted region, your past performance in that region.
- Ad performance on various browsers.
- How Ad is performing on mobile and tablets.
- Ease of navigation to the landing page.
In conclusion, I’d say that with the marketing automation, now things are easy to handle. Furthermore, the digital tools are a big leap forward to help you to take knowledgeable decisions. Because of tools now you can craft compelling and engaging ads in time and without wasting your valuable budget unnecessarily. Now the marketing platforms can track the number of leads, sales qualified leads, marketing qualified leads and the pipeline customers. With the availability of this much of useful data, take the advantage to create a better PPC Ad campaigns and workout the exact ROI as well.
Hi,Muhammad Iqbal.The information on Digital campaigns and Ads is amazing.This information would be helpful for any intermediate digital marketer.Valued and the right keyword research techniques is unique.This is one of the best guides that I have come across.Thank you sir. It Helped me.Like to hear more from you.
I’m happy it helped you.
I appreciate the efforts put in by the author to publish the blog.